A chronic condition is a human health condition or disease that is persistent or otherwise long-lasting in its effects or a disease that comes with time. The term chronic is usually applied when the course of the disease lasts for more than three months.
Chronic diseases generally cannot be prevented by vaccines or cured by medication, nor do they just disappear.
The Chronic Disease Rehabilitation requires a multidisciplinary medical team approach. General practioner, specialist doctors, dietitian, biokineticist.
Our biokineticists will collect all information from all medical professionals involved in your case. A baseline risk assessment and fuctional assessment will be performed before your individualized exercise programme will be designed to address your specific requirements.
Our approach includes supervised exercise sessions(biokinetics), optimisation of nutrition, psychological support, and lifestyle modification. Skills are taught which will ensure safe and effective continuation of the programme in the home environment.
Our registered biokineticists specialize in the treatment of many neurological conditions.
We offer these exercise rehabilitation services to patients of all ages–from children to adults.
- Instruction in use of adaptive equipment/techniques for increased function
- Patient/family education
- Graded strengthening program tailored to patient’s specific needs
- Work simplification training
- Instruction in a home exercise program customized to patient’s needs
- Fine motor and dexterity training
- Gross motor and coordination training
- Sensory stimulation and retraining
- Training performed through the use of neuromuscular stimulators when required
Respiratory / Pulmonary Rehabilitation is a medically supervised programme to assist people who have chronic breathing conditions.
These cannot cure your lung disease or completely ease your breathing problems, but it can surely assist you with:
• COPD (chronic obstructive pulmonary disease)
• Cystic fibrosis